The college was founded in 1888 by Sri Moolam Thirunal Rama Varma, the Maharaja for the state of Travancore. The college was first known as H. H. The Maharaja’s School of Arts, Travancore. Later on in the 20th century the school was renamed to The University of Travancore. In 1957, after the formation of first democratically elected government in Kerala, the School of Arts was brought under the Directorate of Technical Education. In 1975, the school was upgraded as the College of Fine Arts and became affiliated with the University of Kerala. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee Year on 2001 with exhibitions, seminars and workshops.
Contact Details :
College of Fine Arts
Website : www.collegeoffinearts.in